Thursday, July 18, 2024

July 18 2024

From my sketchbook...been busy working on art for a gallery show I want to enter later on this year. I'm still messing around with the Uniball/Speedball ink combo I mentioned in my last post. I like the method, but I'm waiting now for coupons to drop so I can pick up some waterproof brown ink to experiment with. The colors may be a little more lively if there's a warmth to the values versus pure black.

I was impressed by the organized chaos of my desk post-art frenzy so I took a pic to memorialize it. Things to note...the yellow little pot is a ceramic yogurt container I picked up at Sprouts. That tiny jar of yogurt was three whole American bucks (!) and tasted okay, but I was more interested in using that cute container for watercolor than the probiotics inside. I've also been obsessed watching/listening to Campaign 3 of Critical Role. I started from the beginning earlier this year and am up to episode 60 now. I'm also watching the Thursday livestream each week too. It's sort of weird consuming the story at two different points in time, but the lore is so heavy it helps to watch/rewatch things as they progress.