Wednesday, January 03, 2024

January 1 2024

Happy New Year!  Time to get back on the bandwagon and blog!

Last year I went down the rabbit hole of plant-based eating after reading Gut by Giulia Enders.  This book talks about the importance of the gut microbiome and the relationship between it and our overall health.  I'm focusing now on eating tons of fiber and a wide variety of plants to make the tiny creatures inside of my gut happy.  Happy bacteria = happier and healthier me!

Cooking for me is essentially throwing a bunch of veggies together in different combinations and seeing what tastes edible.  I've been tracking my culinary experimentations by drawing meals in my sketchbook.  Above is what I ate in the evening of the first.  I don't like how I drew my breakfast sketch so it's MIA, but I had banana carrot bread, a scramble of egg, spinach, bell pepper, and onion with a massive cup of coffee and almond/coconut creamer-hooray!