Sunday, November 09, 2014

Californa Winter Fashion

I always seem to get stuck at the light on Nutwood and Folino when driving to CSUF.  That longer light accommodates the roving bands of undergrads that cross the street for the bus stop and parking.  Instead of silently cursing the wait, I take that extra time to observe* the folks walking in front of my car**.  I look at body language and dress, especially the interesting winter fashion of the students.   This year the theme for the ladies seems to be big coats/sweaters paired with tights and big boots.  The guys rarely wear coats because they are too manly to be cold.

* Observing people is something all artists should do.  That and draw everyday!
** No, I do not draw while my vehicle is in operation!  I memorize stuff and then draw it later.

No comments: