Monday, June 16, 2014

Stanley Cup Sketches

I always root for the Ducks but after the Kings eliminated Anaheim I felt an obligation to cheer on the enemy because I wanted the Cup to come back to California.  At the start of Game 5 I had a sneaking suspicion this was going to be the final game of the 2013-14 season so I grabbed my sketchbook and started to document the battle between the Rangers and the Kings.

All my sketches were drawn with an 08 Micron.  The Rangers are in the light jerseys and the Kings in the black ones.  I finished the majority of my sketching by the end of the third but I left the bottom right-hand corner blank for the Stanley Cup.  Lo and behold Martinez sunk in the GW goal in OT giving me the opportunity to draw Brown getting the Cup and several of the guys hoisting and passing the most awesome sports trophy around.

Congrats Kings!  I'm glad the Cup is back in California!  Now that the playoffs are over I can go back to hating you and loving the Teemu-less Anaheim Ducks. *sob*

No comments: